Search This Blog

Thursday 19 January 2017

SMOOTHIES WATERMELON GOES BANANA

CHOP CHUCK BLEND,  meaning, chop your favourite fruits chuck them in the jug and blend them to a smooth consistency. I use #Nutribullet to make my smoothies. Enjoy them before or after work out or simply refreshing and rebooting yourself. I enjoy my smoothies in the morning and afternoon time. In fact, as it is so hot in Nairobi, smoothies do wonders to quench the thirst and lift you up with energy. They are simple, healthy and tasty. My husband and son enjoy their smoothies every day. I am happy with my son having smoothies because in this way he gets his healthy fruit portion intake. Most of the fruits and vegetables are local and seasonal. I add no sugar to my smoothies. You will notice in the recipes that I either use avocado or banana one at a time. This is because I use these fruits to give the smoothie a base of velvety texture. Yes, You may use banana and avocado together if you want to.

cheers!


WATERMELON GOES BANANA




Serves 2 
Time: 30-40 seconds

2 cups watermelon chopped
1 cup banana
1/2 pear
1/2 apple
5 red grapes
1/2 cup orange juice
1 tbs chia seeds
4- 6 green tea ice cubes



CHOP, CHUCK AND BLEND





No comments:

Post a Comment